Tuesday 31 January 2012

Prelim evaluation

Overall the process of filming the prelim wasn't too bad we were sure to film different camera angles so that the audience would be able to see exactly what the characters were seeing, although we did do many different angles we found that in the end we didn't need all of them and many were edited out. During the editing process, I was away for a couple of days so my group had to fill in on my behalf, but after looking back on the final prelim there would be a couple of changes that I would have made. Firstly, the 19 productions sign goes too quickly I personally think it would be better if it was a couple of seconds longer then faded out into our actual clip, that way the audience are prepared for our clip. Secondly, I would have used a low mysterious sound bed which would play throughout the clip to heighten the anticipation for what is about to come. I would have also changed the way the ghostly figure suddenly disappears as it isn't exactly clear as to what just happened. Despite this, I think the prelim does do what the task wants which was to show that "A character opens a door, walks into a room, sits down opposite another character and they share a few lines of dialogue", this did indeed happen. Also, I like that it has a eerie sense about it as it sort of gives us practise for our thriller which is to be horror themed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment