Monday 16 January 2012

Film audience - Questionnaire

As i mentioned in my earlier 'film audience' post , i came up with a simple questionnair to hand out to 6 people : 3 males and 3 females . One of the females would be older than 25 and so would one male , here are the results .




Here is an example of my questionnair , this one as you can see was given to 'Male' between the ages of '16-18' in this he picked psychological thrillers which defiantly backs up my point : "teens go for cross genre thrillers" . The rest of the male's including the one who was  25+ picked psychological thriller for the first question and 'Memento' for the last which all in all show that the male population do like stimulating films which challenge them intellectually . However with the females things were slightly different , the 25+ and one of the adult teens picked romance thriller and the film 'He loves me He loves me not' but one of the females picked psychological thriller as her choice and the film 'Memento'  . Overall this shows that not all females like 'Romantic' thrillers and that the majority of  'film audiences' do prefer cross genre thrillers as they have a bit of everything they like .

I asked one of the females i gave a questitonnair to why she prefered the film 'He loves me He loves me not' and what about the picture attracted her .

This is what she said - "I picked this film because it seemed more romantic then the other film and thats the type of film i usually go for , I could tell it was a romantic due to the heart in the middle and because of the womans facial expression. "

When i asked her if she thought this film was a thriller also she responded - "No"


All in all i've learnt through research and my questionnair that the main stereotypes put onto society and gender groups are normally true , even though some female teens may not like romantic thrillers what counts is the majority and thats what film makers go for because the majority gets them bigger figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment