Monday 5 December 2011

Introducing Zaiba!! :)

Hi there,
My name is Zaiba and I am currently a City and Islington student, studying AS Media. My take on thriller/horror movies is that because I rarely watch it, it wouldn't be my favourite genre to watch. However, one of my best movie openings for this genre is from "Mirrors" a remake to the original South Korean horror film "Into the mirror". Mirrors is about an ex- cop and his family who are the target of and evil force that is using mirrors as a gateway into their home. The film initially begins with a security guard running through a subway station, he eventually enters a room he cannot escape from and starts begging his reflection in a mirror for his life. Suddenly, his reflection cuts its throat with a mirror shard, killing the "real" security guard. What I particularly like about this movie is that it relates to our project, in which the opening  sequence of the movie depicts what is going to happen, thus creating structure. 





No comments:

Post a Comment